So...here I am coming to you from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. After about an hour delay at the airport in Greeny Bay due to too much air traffic in Minneapolis, I was on my way to Nebraska. I didn't mind the delay, because I was originally supposed to have a layover of over 3 hours in Minneapolis. After 43 minutes in the air my plane touched down in Minneapolis. I immediately rushed off to find my next gate so I knew where it was when it was time to head out. After finding my gate I decided to get something to eat. I went to A & W and had some fries and then walked around the terminal for awhile. I went back to my gate and decided to people watch for the remainder of my layover. Air ports are truly an interesting place. Finally, it was time to board the plane to Omaha. After 48 minutes in the air my plane touched down in Omaha. I called my brother as soon as the plane landed, per his instructions. He was in the parking ramp finding a spot and we decided that we would just meet up at baggage claim. After about 10 minutes we found each other and waited for my bags to come. Finally at about 12:45 am we were leaving the air port. I had to call mom to let her know that I made it safe and sound and tell her about my flights. After talking to mom, paying the parking fee, and getting out of the air port, we decided to go to Taco Bell for some grub.
When we got back to Ben's room I unpacked some of my things. I had 2 suitcases (1 for my clothes and the other for his presents and other goodies that my lovely grandma deems necessary to spoil him with). After unpacking I ate my food and checked my myspace and facebook. At about 3:30 am I finally headed to bed. It was a long day and I was really tired. Of course Ben didn't go to bed when I did. Before the Air Force he was a night owl and was used to staying up until 6 am and then sleeping til like 2pm.
We slept in this morning til about 8:30 when gram (grandma) called because she thought she missed a call of mine. It was a call from yesterday, so she apologized and let me go. I couldn't fall asleep after that, so Ben and I got up and started to tidy up his room. The whole Medical Group was supposed to have dorm inspections today but they never inspected his room. We went to Target and then to Best Buy. We happened to get there right as they were putting about 30 Wii's out on the floor. Ben grabbed one so we can sell it on eBay. Those things were gone in like 5 minutes. I knew they were popular, but I didn't think 30 of them would go that fast! When we left Best Buy we came back to his room and put it up for auction on eBay. Then we went to the Air Force Clinic he works at. Then we had to go grocery shopping and now here I sit blogging. I don't know what we're going to do the rest of the night, but it doesn't matter. I know that just being here makes him happy.
Well...that's all for today! I will return tomorrow.
~Sable~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI Sable,
Very nice site honey.
I loved the story of your getting to Offutt to see your bro.
I had to laugh at the taco bell, making a run for the border part.
My kids fav place when they get the munchies.
XO XO
Deb Estep
Proud AF Mom Vinny
Proud AF MIL Dana
http://deb_inside.typepad.com/
Post a Comment